A Challenge Of A Lifetime!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Acronym Trouble

Over the last several days I have found that many people are having trouble with the acronym for Team In Training. As some might know, TNT is short for Team In Training. Though I have realized that several people aren't aware that the letter N is used instead of I.........

I have found that whether by speaking to people or having email conversations with them that many will ask me how my TIT workouts are coming along. Now as you might be aware, that is a bit unnerving to either A) open up an email that has TIT screaming out at you (b/c I have notice that the people emailing it are always using caps when typing out the acronym) or B) that someone has actually said that word. My typical response is to laugh....who wouldn't laugh when either reading or hearing someone say that word? When you think about it, TIT does seem like a great acronym for Team In Training....but using that word could be offensive to some, thus the N substituting the I to be politically correct.

Just tonight, I was talking to one of my good girlfriends and we both realized that even though the acronym TIT doesn't work for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, for obvious reasons, it might be a good one for say....breast cancer research.

All joking aside, it is pretty humorous to hear people stumble over themselves when they start to say that 3 letter word. So I guess for now I need to get used to people asking me how my TIT training is......Should I correct them? Or should I allow them to go out into the world and tell others that they know someone that is training for TIT? That is the question of the hour.........

1 Comments:

  • Surely, that acronym is a dilemma for the ages. Your best bet may be to simply say, "Team in Training" (no acronym) :)

    Taryn

    By Blogger MOH, at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home