A Challenge Of A Lifetime!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Determined and Improving!

This week all the San Francisco people meet up for our typical Tuesday night practice. Prior to the official practice started our coach was holding 30 minutes of Tai Chi (we did this a few weeks ago as well). I was the only one, besides the coach, to show up. I don't think that my other teammates know what they are missing! This is a great workout for balance...which as I am sure I have previously mentioned is needed in cross country skiing.

After the warm up of Tai Chi, we started our practice. And that was the night that the time trials started for us. Keeping a consistant steady pace in an endurance event is very important. So on Tuesday night they had us timing ourselves around the track. Because I have a prior knee and back condition, I can't run. So I had to speed walk around the track. I actually improved my time with each lap. I think that is b/c I am a pretty competitive person and with each lap came my determination to beat my previous time. The ultimate goal now is to improve the time and keep it as consistant as possible.

This Saturday some of us are heading to Tahoe for another ski workout! Will fill you in on how it goes. Until next time.......



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home