A Challenge Of A Lifetime!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Start Of The New Year!

Well I know it has been several weeks since I have logged onto this to input an entry. Like many of you, I was enjoying the holidays with loved ones. Though I must confess I have avoided posting a new entry b/c I have been very laxed with my working out for just about 2 weeks now. While away for Christmas I only got 1 workout in and when I came back for New Year's I got 2 workouts in...which is better than nothing, but not good enough for my training!

You might laugh, but after my friends left on Monday, Jan. 2, I got engrossed in watching the marathon "The Biggest Loser." Seeing all those people losing all that weight definitely amped me up. Lame I know, but whatever works!

I restarted my training yesterday morning with my trainer. We did interval training at 5:45am. Nothing like jumping right back into it! We worked out for about an hour then it was time for me to go home to get ready for work. Our SF team practice was supposed to be that night, but since it was raining we were all splitting up to do our own thing. Some people were going to go ice skating, but with my knee and back I decided to opted out of that workout. My mentor and I decided to go water run at the Presidio YMCA. Luckily I gave myself an extra 20 minutes to find the facility! I got so lost trying to find it! After finding the facility, I met up with my mentor and we jumped into the pool! Which if you don't know me, then I have to say it felt great! I love being in the water. The pool that I typically swim at has been closed for resurfacing over the winter months...so I have had to supplement my workouts with other things.

Anyway, today I didn't get up early to do my cardio so I have to go after work to get close to 2 hours of cardio in. Lord help me!

We are skiing as a team on Saturday so I will have more to report then. We are scheduled to be skiing a minimum of a 10k that day and that isn't including our workshops.....Should prove to be interesting.

Until next time......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home